Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stormy weather

A huge storm hit Melbourne yesterday - lots of rain in a short time meant flash floods, and hail that was bigger than hail has a right to be did a lot of damage. Streets were closed, railway stations closed and airports closed. Chaos. The bureau is forecasting another storm tonight. Selfish I know, but we don't want a storm the following night - that's when we fly out of here.

Here in Geelong we just got some rain. My garden has had a lovely soaking so this morning I went out and bought a couple of small eucalypts to plant in my garden before we go - I need to replace a big grevillea that died. If it comes out hot and dry again Gemma will have to water for me.

I think we're organised. I have a list and will pack tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment